||[March 21st, 2009]
when it's only a game
or a mix for march, for spring time, a new beginning.
01. The Virgins - Rich Girls
We'll walk around pretending we're all grown up
02. Simon & Garfunkel - Sound of Silence
And in the naked light I saw ten thousand people, maybe more
03. Franz Ferdinand - Ulysses
Well I found a new way, I found a new way. C'mon don't amuse me, I don't need your sympathy
04. Marcy Playground - Sex & Candy
and then there she was like double cherry pie, yeah there she was like disco superfly
05. Red Light Company - With Lights Out
bells keep ringing out fast in time
06. The Wombats - Moving to New York
And I don't know why I want to voice this out loud, tt's theraputic somehow.
07. Ladyhawke - My Delirium
Heartbeat drumming double time I need one more chance to be near you
08. Regina Spektor - Hotel Song
I have dreams of orca whales and owls but I wake up in fear
09. The Ting Tings - Keep Your Head
And the air it don't feel clear, everybody disappear. You're in it on your own.
10. Editors - Blood
Don't say it's easy to follow a process. There's nothing harder than keeping a promise.
11. Yazoo - Only You
Wonder if you'll understand it's just the touch of your hand behind a closed door
12. Placebo - Blind
If I could tear you from the ceiling, I'd freeze us both in time. And find a brand new way of seeing, your eyes forever glued to mine.
13. MIA - Paper Planes
Everyone's a winner, we're making our fame. Bonafide hustler making my name.
14. New Young Pony Club - Ice Cream
I can make you ice cream, ee could be a sweet team, melting in your vice dreams, sport.
15. Crazytown - Butterfly
I see the sun breaking down a few dark clouds and a vision of you standing out in a crowd.
16. Emmy the Great - City Song
Sun making silhouettes of gauze, I don't remember you at all
17. Adele - Hometown Glory (Pocketknife's Family Remix)
I like it in the city when the air is so thick and opaque.
18. Tonic - If You Could Only See
Well you've got your reasons and you've got your lies, and you've got your manipulations, they cut me down to size.
19. Joshua Radin - Winter
I should know who I am by now/ I walk the record stands somehow. Thinking of winter. Your name is the splinter inside me while I wait.
Artwork from weheartit.com (add me!)
||[October 29th, 2007]
A little mix of songs I've been listening to alot lately.
[right click - save as] for album art
1. The Captain - Guster
2. Sex Changes - The Dresden Dolls
3. Piece of Me - Britney Spears
4. Keep the Car Running - Arcade Fire
5. The Catalyst - Abandoned Pools
6. I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Amanda Palmer
7. Almost Lover - A Fine Frenzy
8. Dancing - Elisa
9. Ache for You - Ben Lee
10. Manifest Desitiny - Guster
11. I Am the Walrus - The Beatles
12. What you Own - Rent
13. Bones - The Killers
14. Fields of Gold - Sting
15. Helter Skelter - Dana Fuchs
16. Happiness is a Warm Gun - Joe Anderson
17. When You Thought You'd Never Stand Out - Copeland
18. I've Just Seen a Face - Jim Sturgess
19. A Man/Me/Then Jim - Rilo Kiley
|first post jitters.
||[August 27th, 2007]
Hey kids! This is my first post here. I wanted to share something with you guys.
(for album art, right-click, save target as.)
These are basically songs I can't stop listening to.
( tracklistingCollapse )
||[August 23rd, 2007]
WELCOME TO ANALOG56!
There is nothing nicer than receiving (or sometimes even giving!) the perfect mix tape. This community is here specifically to talk about that.
In posts you can talk about anything relating to the mix tape; stories of mixes given and received, old mix tape lists, new mix tape lists - you can even upload the mix and share it with the rest of the community! You can request swaps and trades, ask for inspiration, post pictures/artwork of mixes you've given or received.
We are not directed at one particular genre of music - we do not judge! Post music of all different types, no one is here to rate or slate your mix - we just want to share and gather new interests and tastes!
All posts will be friends only. If you love mix tapes/CDs/playlists of any kind - please join the community!